What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The Government has spent over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This extra funding has been allocated directly to primary Head Teachers and schools can choose how they use the funding to improve the PE and sport provision within their schools.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 6 Key Indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of P.E. and sport being raised across the school
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
- A greater understanding and adoption of healthy lifestyle choices
How much PE and Sport Premium Did We Receive?