Remote Learning will take place in the event of a period of self-isolation, class or bubble suspension or partial school closure relating to COVID-19. It is government expectation that children’s learning will continue from home, primarily through the provision of online learning materials from school, however hard copies of activities may be available upon request.
In line with government guidance, pupils, staff and families should self-isolate if they display any of the following symptoms:
- A continuous, dry cough
- A high temperature above 37.8℃
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Have had access to a test and this has returned a positive result for Covid-19
- Any child self isolating due to returning from a holiday abroad
- Any child absent due to being contacted by NHS track and trace or isolating due to a family member with symptoms.
During a period of Remote Learning (RL) parents/carers should:
- Contact the school if their child is sick.
- Seek help if it is needed. Please email email@example.com or use your child’s Purple Mash account.
- Be realistic about RL expectations.
- Support and encourage children to meet deadlines.
- Where possible, maintain a regular and familiar routine.
- Supervise children during their use of the Internet.
- Maintain a balance between screen time, practical activities and social interaction.
Pupil Led Remote Learning – Day 1 & 2
Please follow Oak Academy links on each class page on the website. Lessons and activities have been selected by each class teacher that will support age appropriate learning in English, Maths and Science.
Teacher Led Remote Learning – Day 3 onwards
Purple Mash will be the online learning platform used to communicate learning with parents/carers and pupils. This will include deadlines for tasks to be completed as well as opportunities for dialogue and feedback between teachers and pupils. Activities will be uploaded/shared by 08:30.
Understanding the World: