At Aldborough Primary School we aim to create learning without limitations.
Our equality aims are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity, celebrating our rich and varied school community
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through the teaching across the PSHE curriculum, including assemblies and workshops
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
- To move beyond the idea of children having ‘fixed ability’ and through our teaching and learning policy, allow access to appropriate and flexible levels of challenge on a daily basis
- To narrow the gap between achievement for all groups – for all to achieve as well as their peers, despite home or environmental circumstances
- To promote strong cultural development and understanding of differing beliefs through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school day
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.