At Aldborough Primary we actively promote the British values of:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
In all aspects of school life these British values are communicated, delivered and brought to life through our: Collective worship programme; Creative curriculum, including PSHE lessons; Young Leadership opportunities; Behaviour Policy
How do we do this at Aldborough Primary?
- Frequent opportunities are provided to share ideas, take part in debates, developing an empathy and understanding for the views of others
- Children are encouraged to explain their thinking and justify decisions
- Using pupil voice to contribute to school improvement
- Clear roles and responsibilities, including play and lunchtime leadership opportunities
- Visits/visitors linked to local councils, Parliament, etc…
- Developing children’s understanding of the role of governors
- Teaching democracy as part of topics or when linked to national events
The Rule of Law
- Clear behaviour policy shared and consistently implemented
- Pupils are taught the value and reasons behind rules, the responsibilities that this involves and the consequences when laws are broken.
- Visits from authorities such as the Police and Fire Service help reinforce this message.
- Clear boundaries are provided for pupils whilst also being provided with opportunities to express their personal freedom of choice
- Pupils are actively encouraged to make informed choices, within a safe, supportive environment.
- Stereotypes are challenged
- Mutual respect is at the heart of our values. We wholeheartedly believe that all in the school community should model respect, treating each other in the way that we ourselves would like to be treated.
- Inclusive education for all
- Delivery of a PSHE curriculum that enables everyone to consider the impact of their choices on others, exploring ways to show respect to all
Tolerance of those of Different Faiths and Beliefs
- Delivery of an RE curriculum that encompasses all major faiths including Christianity, promoting diversity and tolerance
- Visits/visitors linked to major faiths planned and encouraged to enhance learning